What you’ll get
Duration : Half
Departure : Hanoi Old Quarter of French Quarter
Suitable : All of people: family, friend, couple, childen, student...
Type : Land tour
This free Hanoi French Quarter walking tour will help you to discover the charm of this imprinted French architecture area.
- See the French Quarter of Hanoi City
- Explore Hanoi Opera House, St. Joseph' Cathedral of Hanoi, Government Building
- Learn about Vietnam French architecture in Hanoi
- Experience Hanoi from the perspective of the kids who live there
- Full itinerary
Destinations: Saint Joseph Cathedral, Hoan Kiem Lake (Hoa Phong Tower, Turtle Tower, Pen Tower, The Huc Bridge, Ngoc Son Temple), the State Bank of Vietnam, Government Guesthouse, Sofitel Metropole Legend Hotel, Opera House, Ice cream street, Book street.
We can start the tour at 9:00 AM or 2:00 PM depending on your booking.
Our tour guide will pick you up at your hotel then start the walking tour to discover the charm of the French Quarter and learn more about the history of Vietnam.
Our guide will lead you to St. Joseph Cathedral of Hanoi, then move to the west of Hoan Kiem Lake. Walking along Le Thach Street, the end of the street stands the State Bank of Vietnam building. Turn right onto Ngo Quyen street and the Government Guesthouse, previously the Building of the Governor of Tonkin (North Vietnam) and the Government Building of Vietnam, is on the right. Ly Thai To statue and a small park lies opposite, and here you will usually find several cyclo drivers vying for business. Hop on if you’re not in a walking mood.
Next to the park is the famous Sofitel Metropole Legend Hotel – one of three more than 100-year-old five stars hotel in Asia, built in 1901. Optional to have a drink at Metropole or The Press Club (Ly Dao Thanh str). Next place is the Hanoi Opera House (a small version of Garnier Opera House in Paris) and August Revolution Square. The Opera House serves concerts and plays from national to international at reasonable prices, so you can consider buying tickets here. So many local coffee shops are around here, so you can stop for a break to enjoy. The most famous ice cream outlet in Hanoi is served in Trang Tien street.
Tour ends around 12:00 PM (for the morning tour) or 5:00 PM (for the afternoon tour).
- Price Includes
- Tour guide (available with English speaking local student)
- Price Excludes
- Transfer fees (if any)
- Entrance fees (if any)
- personal expenses (foods, drinks, tips).
- Cancellation by Customer
If you are unable to join the tour on the day and at the time scheduled, you must notify us within 3 hours of the departure.
- Cancellation by Weather
In case of an unexpected situation/ bad weather causes an effect on your trip after commencement, we serve the right to change the itinerary of your booked tour for the safety of all clients in the group. If there are more than one solution, we will ask for your permission and agreement to do the next step
- Student guide requires no charges! Guests should be nice to cover all fees for guide!
- Please provide us with your age in the “your message” section in order that we can serve you better
- The photos taken during the tour might be used for our brand’s promotion and activities. If you are not comfortable with this, please notify us in the booking.
Questions & Answers
0Based on 0 reviews
Value for money